Admission and Aid
Eastern Palm University is a unique academic community – with an offering of a close-knit undergraduate program located within Eastern Palm University.
How to Apply
In order to apply to EPU, applicants MUST fulfil ALL of the following requirements:
- Activities list
- One 500-word essay and two short essay responses
- Transcript or grade reports for each year of secondary school
- One letter of recommendation
- National Exam scores, if available, should also be submitted
- All required components must be submitted on or before March 12, 2021` at 11:59pm EST.
- Must have written or SAT for the Joint Administration Matriculation board exams at the time of application.
- Age: Be at least 14 years old by March 12, 2021
- English Fluency: Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English
- Citizenship: Be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country
- School Location: Currently attend school in an African country
- HAVE finished or about to finish Secondary School
- NOT be a university student
To begin the application process, click the apply now button to commence or Download the application by clicking the download button. Note that Eastern Palm University doesn’t currently accept transfers into its undergraduate program
Alternatively, download the application form and send a scanned copy to email@example.com
6th January – 30th March 2021
|ACADEMIC CALENDAR FOR THE 2ND SEMESTER OF 2019/2020 SCHOOL YEAR|
|1||Resumption of academic activities||Monday 16th Nov. 2020|
|2||Commencement of lectures||Wednesday 18th Nov. 2020|
|3||Matriculation of year one student||Friday 27th Nov 2020|
|4||Christmas & New year break||18th Dec – 3rd Jan 2021|
|5||Resumption after break||Monday 4th January 2021|
|6||End of Lectures||Friday 5th February 2021|
|7||2nd Semester Examinations||8th – 19th February 2021|
|8||End of session vacation||20th – 28th February 2021|
Eastern Palm University offers a range of undergraduate course offering
SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICS
SCHOOL OF ARTS
English and literary studies
History and International Studies
SCHOOL OF LAW
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
Civil Engineering Mechanical Engineering Electrical Engineering
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE
The Eastern Palm University is committed to being financially accessible to students from all backgrounds. All financial aid is need-based to ensure that talented students can afford quality education at EPU, regardless of their economic resources. The Eastern Palm University offer a full tuition scholarship on its course offerings. To qualify, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirement
- Candidates Must attain at least 90% in the Computer based test
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 7 a’s in the school leaving certificate or its equivalent
To retain scholarship status, students must maintain average GPA of 4 throughout course of study
Terms and conditions of Scholarship
Please read this webpage carefully and ensure that you understand the conditions of the scholarship you have applied for.
We reserve the right to withdraw your scholarship if you are subsequently found to be ineligible or if these terms and conditions are not adhered to. The Eastern Palm University also reserves the right to amend its scholarship provision without notice.
As a scholarship holder, you are required to:
- Accept the scholarship by the given deadline – the university reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a scholarship if it is not accepted by the given deadline.
- Meet any conditions attached to your academic offer:
- Maintain good academic standing, defined as a 4.0 cumulative GPA.
- Not be found wanting in any misconduct against the school rules and regulations which are provided below and not limited to the provisions
- Assault, physically attacking university staff and students; physical abuse, verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment and coercion.
- Participating in any illegal activities in the university (such as lessons, meetings, seminars, etc. not permitted by the school) drunk / having taken alcohol or narcotics.
- Gambling or organizing gambling.
- Using, carrying, selling, trafficking or keeping narcotics of any kind.
- Organizing meetings boycotts, riots, obstructions in order to defame the university; causing his/her family to get involved in the activities.
- Involved in any form of exam malpractice
- Acting in a way that is not compatible with being a typical student: anti-social, immoral, unethical and indecent behavior within the campus or in any kind of programme organized by the university outside the campus.
- Carrying arms/weapons
- Involvement in any form of cultism
- Communicating with outside agencies, governments or organizations for the purpose of soliciting financial sponsorship/ aid that may jeopardize the interest of the university.
- Being sentenced with any crime against the government or because of an infamous crime
- Register your academic course by the given start date. Scholarships cannot be deferred to the following academic year.
- Seek permission and obtain consent from the funding team before making any changes to your programme of study, this includes changing course title, course transfers, suspending studies, etc. Please note that approval is not guaranteed. Where changes are made without prior approval, the scholarship in full. Scholarships are not automatically extendable.
- If your scholarship is cancelled and you have extenuating circumstances surrounding your inability to obtain the necessary cumulative GPA, you may appeal the cancellation to the scholarship committee in writing.
- Appeals must be received by the deadline established by the Office of Financial Management; deadlines are included in the emailed notification of scholarship cancellation. Each appeal is reviewed on a case – by – case basis by the scholarship committee. Appeal decisions are emailed to students within 5 weeks of the appeal submission deadline. Appeal decision are final.